[Rd] X11 image problem in R-2.8.0 Under development / R-2.7

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri Apr 4 01:09:57 CEST 2008

I apologize if this is too obscure to reproduce, or some idiosyncratic
aspects of my system. If I create a plot, e.g.,

 > plot(1:10)

I get a graphics device as expected. I then click on the 'zoom' box on
my X11 window, so the window expands to occupy the entire screen. The
plot is redrawn at the scale of the large window, but is clipped to the
   'unzoomed' size. I only see the top left portion of the plot,
occupying the space of the original image.

Here are the R essentials; I'm using X11 on a recent SuSE, connecting
via a moderately out-of-date cygwin from Windows. I'm happy to provide
more detail if pointed in the right direction (and will trouble shoot
myself if this is not a general problem).

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.0 Under development (unstable) (2008-04-03 r45066)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

 > capabilities()
     jpeg      png    tcltk      X11     aqua http/ftp  sockets   libxml
     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE
     fifo   cledit    iconv      NLS  profmem    cairo
     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE

Martin
--
Martin Morgan
1100 Fairview Ave. N.