[Rd] R CMD check should check date in description

Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo antonio.fabio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 23:15:53 CEST 2008

2008/4/4, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>:

>  On 4 April 2008 at 14:05, hadley wickham wrote:
>  | I'm always forgetting to update the date in DESCRIPTION.  Would it be
>  | possible to add a warning to R CMD check if it's old?
>

> As I mentioned to Hadley in private mail, a version control system can update
>  a field like $Date$ or $LastChangedDate$ automagically on writes or
>  checkins. I use that as I also tend to forget to update the field manually.
>  For SVN one must set one of the arcane propset fields.

That's not completely true. As far as I remember (git misses keywords)
svn keywords are always referred only to the file they appear in. So
this way the description file would contain the last date the
description file itself has been modified, not the last date 'any of
the package file s has been modified'.

>  Hth, Dirk
>

>  --
>  Three out of two people have difficulties with fractions.

Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo
Ph.D. student at
Department of Statistical Sciences
University of Bologna, Italy