[Rd] Windows problem related to using shortPathName for Sweave style file

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 10 19:18:54 CEST 2008

Thanks Duncan,
I just did a survey of the BioConductor repository and only 4 of the 354
.Rnw vignette files contain the \usepackage{Sweave} specification.
Adding this is tedious, but not impossible. If the \usepackage{Sweave}
specification does become recommended, could you add a WARNING to the R
CMD build/check process if a vignette file lacks it? That would help
steer developers in the right direction for cross-platform compatibility
since most R package developers don't use Windows as their primary platform.

Cheers,
Patrick