[Rd] Couldn't (and shouldn't) is.unsorted() be faster?

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Sat Apr 19 03:56:33 CEST 2008

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Herve Pages wrote:
[...]
>> BTW, why not make is.unsorted() a little bit more prepared to silly user
>> input:
>
> Because R is a volunteer project and resources spent on trapping misuse
> are resources not available to be spent on other things.  (Same as for
> bug reports on fixed issues ....)

I know that, thanks! Hope that you noticed that I'm not requesting a new feature
or anything fancy. Neither am I suggesting that I'm stuck because is.unsorted()
doesn't check its arguments (like any other function directly exposed to the user
is expected to do, especially for things that are used in an if statement).

H.