[Rd] plot(x) in 2.7.0 (with y=NULL) proposed code correction

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 22 18:55:02 CEST 2008

    OlegS> Hi all:
    OlegS> following the previous discussion, it looks like plot(x) with y=NULL
    OlegS> still does not work correctly. If one tries for example plot(1:5) it
    OlegS> works, but already for plot(runif(100)) it does not.

??? Not for me, with my propsal
{{maybe only in your too much modified version of R ??}

I've committed my proposal, and am interested in feedback,
notably additional relevant examples.

Martin

    OlegS> I posted the proposed correction for plot.POSIXct and
    OlegS> plot.POSIXlt before. Please voice your opinions
    OlegS> whether the following fix for plot.default could be
    OlegS> reasonable? I include the full function and the diff.

(And both suffered from wraparounds)