[Rd] importing explicitly declared missing values in read.spss (foreign)

Jeroen Ooms j.c.l.ooms at uu.nl
Tue Aug 5 13:52:49 CEST 2008

First of all, apologies if you feel misquoted, I was only trying to keep
things clear. Now, I have installed and tried the new version of the package
and it works perfectly. It does exactly what it should do. I tested it on
some huge SPSS's sample files which contained a lot of variables with
several types of missingness, and all missing values were correctly
converted to R <NA> values. I find this a very big improvement, and it makes
the transition from spss to R even easier. Thank you very much!