[Rd] literate programming

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Tue Aug 5 16:38:23 CEST 2008

I'm working on the next iteration of coxme.  (Rather slowly during the summer).

  This is the most subtle code I've done in S, both mathematically and
technically, and seems a perfect vehicle for the "literate programming" paradym
of Knuth.  The Sweave project is pointed at S output however, not source code.
I would appreciate any pointers to an noweb type client that was R-aware.

  Other suggestions are welcome as well.  At the end of the day I'd like to have
a good user guide, technical reference, and solid enough code documentation that
others can begin to participate as well.  (Retirement in 10 years -- I don't
expect to maintain this forever!)

  	Terry Therneau
  	therneau.terry at mayo.edu