[Rd] Bug repository awakening

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Aug 8 00:23:50 CEST 2008

Martin Maechler wrote:

>     PD> Looks like reports from the last month are trickling
>     PD> in. 170 of them in incoming, but there's a lot of
>     PD> spam. I hope Martin's spamfilters are less leaky that
>     PD> ours, so that they get killed en route to r-devel....
>
> Yes, they have been *much* less leaky for quite a while:
>
> It's me as admin and Marc Schwartz as volunteer moderator,
> for all messages from people not subscribed to R-devel.
> This time (US morning), it was Marc who manually approved many
> dozens of messages.
>
>  [[ ==> Please, "regular bug reporters", do subscribe to R-devel... ]]
>
> Martin Maechler, ETH Zuric
I still hope that your non-human filters can relieve the human ones....

As it turned out there were 560 messages by the end of the day.  I've
managed to cut that down to about 150, using brute force on the
repository, and even that is mostly spam. However, the remainder will
still have been forwarded to r-devel.....