[Rd] Double-clicking in tk list dialogs

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 15 08:28:40 CEST 2008

It does not seem to be standard practice for Tk-based interfaces (and
indeed it was not part of GraphApp on Windows -- I added it after some
years).

If you supply a tested patch to the R-devel sources it will be considered
for 2.8.0.  The 'next version' is 2.7.2 and imminent, so I don't think we
would consider it for that unless you get lots of support in the next 24
hours.

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Barry Rowlingson wrote:

> Am I the only one who finds himself futilely double-clicking a CRAN
> mirror in the dialog for choosing a CRAN mirror? Yes, double-clicking
> works in Windows, but not in the Tk-based dialog on Linux. I'm going
> to wear out my mouse button.

I am surprised you have not set up a preferred CRAN mirror long ago.