[Rd] Error in R CMD INSTALL on Windows XP using Rtools28

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 02:58:50 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:28 PM, cstrato <cstrato at aon.at> wrote:
> Dear Gabor
>
> Thank you for this interesting link.
>
> Since I have also to set the PATH and LIB for Visual Studio AND for ROOT, I
> am not sure if this would be an option for me.

Rcmd.bat will not override settings you make yourself.   It basically
defines R_HOME, R_MIKTEX and R_TOOLS environment variables by
looking at the registry or using heuristics but in each case it only
sets the environment variable if its not already set.  Then it uses those
to set up an environment for running R.

If you do want to set them yourself but don't want to muck with the
system Rcmd.bat can look into special files where they can be defined.

There is more info on features and limitations on the homepage and
README.