[Rd] any suggestions to deal with 'Argument list too long' for a R CMD check?

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 14:17:50 CET 2008

This package built successfully on ubuntu 8.10.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Since the new method (splitting the files) will fail for anyone not
using a very recent linux kernel, I think I should revert to the old
consolidated files.

I suspect there is little interest from R-core in changing the build
script to link the files incrementally (is that possible).  To my
knowledge no other packages out there have such an insane amount of
files.

-Whit