[Rd] Warning: missing text for item ... in \describe?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Dec 12 18:07:30 CET 2008

Hello:

	  For the record, I found the source of this warning:  I had an
extraneous space in "\item{fd} {text}":  When I changed to
"\item{fd}{text}", this warning disappeared.

	  Best Wishes,
	  Spencer

#########################
      What might be the problem generating messages like "Warning:
missing text for item ... in \describe" with "R CMD check" and "R CMD
install"?

      With the current version of "fda" on R-Forge, I get the following:

Warning: missing text for item 'fd' in \describe
Warning: missing text for item 'fdPar' in \describe

      I found a where someone else asked about essentially this warning
message, but I didn't find a reply.  I also found that
"https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/share/perl/R/Rdconv.pm" is coded to
issue such messages.  However, I still don't know what I'm doing to
generate it.

      Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

      Best Wishes,
      Spencer