[Rd] argument order for Math2 group functions in R 2.6.x (PR#10679)

ben.hansen at umich.edu ben.hansen at umich.edu
Sat Feb 2 00:35:03 CET 2008

Full_Name: Ben Hansen
Version: 2.6.1
OS: Windows
Submission from: (NULL) (66.93.3.101)

Hi,

In R 2.6.0 or 2.6.1 on Windows, I get the following upon opening the GUI (no
previous commands or special settings):
> signif(digits=4, x=1/3)
[1] 4

It seems to be taking 4 to be the "x" argument, the number to be rounded.
However, my understanding (perhaps mistaken) was that it should respond as
follows:
> signif(digits=4, x=1/3)
[1] 0.3333

(This last is what I get from R 2.5.0 running on the same machine, and what I'm
used to getting using earlier versions.)  Similar things happen with round().

I haven't yet had the opportunity to investigate whether I'd see the same
behavior on other platforms.

Best wishes,
Ben