[Rd] (PR#10696) maybe a bug in the system.time() function?

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 19:22:34 CET 2008

You will get yelled at by others for posting a question as a bug...
(sigh). See FAQ.

That said, your understanding of the output of system.time() is wrong.
The value you are after is simply user+system. %CPU is essentially
user+system/elapsed. It is elapsed which is dependent on system
load, not the other two (usually).

Back into replying more in the usual R-devel sarcastic style... if you
don't understand what user/system/elapsed means, you really have no
place studying CPU loads...