[Rd] R valgrind question

Daniel Oberski daniel.oberski at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 00:32:16 CET 2008

> > If run valgrind R then I get all sorts of warnings. I was wondering
> > whether I should worry about them or not.
>
> Don't worry about them. Those are benign issues with the system
> libraries.. insofar as you trust those libraries, which you should... in
> general.
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for your (reassuring) answer. I can see that you are right,
especially about the warnings at the beginning, all of which come from
ld-2.5.so.

I think the memory leak warnings (which do come from libR.so) may have
something to do with the apparent fact that valgrind stops before the
main loop of R is over, so the memory is freed after that point. Or is
this not true?

- daniel