[Rd] Small encoding question

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Thu Feb 14 17:21:22 CET 2008

Dear developeRs,

Compilation of the latest version (0.9-5) of my actuar package fails
with r-release MacOS_X ix86 on CRAN; see

	http://www.R-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-macosx-ix86/actuar-00check.html

All errors come from accented letters in comments in latin-1 encoded
files (except hierarc.R which is in UTF-8, my bad). Encoding is
declared as latin-1 in DESCRIPTION.

The package checks and compiles fine on Windows, Linux and,
ironically, my MacOS X main development machine. I realize using non-
ASCII characters in source files is not a good idea and I removed
them, but I would appreciate any clue as to what went wrong with the
compilation on CRAN.

FWIW,

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
i386-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:
fr_CA.UTF-8/fr_CA.UTF-8/fr_CA.UTF-8/C/fr_CA.UTF-8/fr_CA.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats     utils     datasets  grDevices graphics  methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] CarbonEL_0.1-4

[1] tools_2.6.2

Thanks in advance!