[Rd] An R SPAM Filter

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Feb 17 17:36:32 CET 2008

On 17 February 2008 at 06:35, hoogeebear wrote:
| I'm just wondering does anyone know of a good site that would assist me in
| creating a spam filter through R? It is for a college project. I have
| searched the net but cannot find anything of relevance. Any help would be
| greatly appreciated....

a) You are using the wrong mailing list. This is a question for r-help.

b) One starting point may be the (generally recommeded) Friedman / Hastie /
   Tibshirani book at
	http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~tibs/ElemStatLearn/
   and in Google Book Search at
	http://books.google.com/books?id=VRzITwgNV2UC&dq=elements+of+statistical+learning
   which also has a matching CRAN package
	http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ElemStatLearn/index.html
   as it uses Spam detection as a running example. Start with code therein.

Hope this helps, Dirk