[Rd] print.logLik

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 23 18:21:33 CET 2008

    rk> I have a vector of logLik values that I'd like to return and it would
    rk> be nice
    rk> if the the print method didn't run them together.  Could I make a plea
    rk> for
    rk> using sep = " ", rather than sep = "" in print.logLik?

well, "yes" to the plea to make the method ameanable to better
printing of *several* values,
but "no" to just changing sep there:
We'd want to implement a change which is compatible
for the usual cases of having only one value
and your propsal would change all those outputs as well.

Wouldn't you even prefer to see something like

	 'log.Lik' 12.3, 7.89, 34.2  (df = 3)

i.e., with "," between the values?

Regards,
Martin