[Rd] Aliasing a function

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 23:40:17 CET 2008

A simple way to alias a function is to do :

g <- function(a = 1, b = 2, c = 3) a + b * c
f <- function(...) g(...)

but formals (etc) is no longer very helpful.  Is there an easy way to
programmatically create:

f <- function(a=1, b=2, c=3) g(a=a, b=b, c=c)

This comes up in ggplot2 where I alias many functions to hide the fact
that I'm using proto in the background, and I'd like the aliased
functions to be a little more user friendly in terms of revealing what
are valid arguments (and also to match up with the rdoc files which I
am building).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hadley