[Rd] New version of X11, png and jpeg

Roger Peng rdpeng at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 19:55:59 CET 2008

(Apologies, I meant to 'Reply to all' the first time but forgot).

I built r44608 of R-devel with (I think) cairo support.   At least,
that's what the configure script told me.  In addition,
'capabilities("cairo")' is TRUE.  Calling X11(type = "Cairo") gives me
the error:

Error in X11() : X11 module cannot be loaded
In addition: Warning message:
In X11() :
 unable to load shared library
'/home/rpeng/install/R-devel/lib64/R/modules//R_X11.so':
 /home/rpeng/install/R-devel/lib64/R/modules//R_X11.so: undefined
symbol: cairo_image_surface_get_data

I figured I must be missing a library somewhere, but I'm not sure how
to track down which one.  Any thoughts here?

I'm on a FC5 system with:

cairo-devel-1.0.4-1
cairo-1.0.4-1
cairo-1.0.4-1

and

pango-1.12.4-4
pango-devel-1.12.4-4
pango-1.12.4-4

Also, I have

[rpeng at audrey R-source]$ pkg-config --modversion pango
1.12.4
[rpeng at audrey R-source]$ pkg-config --modversion cairo
1.0.4

-roger

Roger D. Peng  |  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/