[Rd] checking whether the name space can be loaded with stated dependencies

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 03:31:18 CET 2008

Can any one provide more details on this error that I'm getting from R
CMD check:

* checking whether the name space can be loaded with stated
dependencies ... WARNING
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : could not find function "proto"
Error: unable to load R code in package 'ggplot2'
Execution halted

A namespace must be able to be loaded with just the base namespace loaded:
otherwise if the namespace gets loaded by a saved object, the session will
be unable to start.

Probably some imports need to be declared in the NAMESPACE file.

It's only occurred recently and I have no idea what might have caused
the change.  The function proto is from the proto package which does
not have a namespace.

Thanks,

Hadley

--