[Rd] Embedding R

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jan 13 14:42:02 CET 2008

Hmm, you need to read R-exts throughoutly. There are tonnes of
information in there, and a few chapters devoted to the topics you are
after.

As for actual examples - the known GUIs - Rgnome on unix (which AFAIK is
no longer maintained but still useful as an example, I guess), Rgui on
windows, and a few of the omegahat projects, RSJava, RSPython, RSPerl...
all of these I mentioned are fairly heavy-going though. But R-exts is
really what you need to read throughoutly...