[Rd] knnFinder package

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Jan 14 14:29:29 CET 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Gregoire Pau wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have found some serious bugs in the knnFinder package (which supports
> data structures and algorithms for both exact and approximate nearest
> neighbor searching in arbitrarily high dimensions) that may trigger
> segmentation faults.
> I have fixed them but I had troubles to contact its maintainer Samuel E.
> Kemp (previously with the University of Glamorgan, UK). Do someone know
> where I can reach him ?

I have also tried, for the same reason, without result. He seems to have
been a student who has now left the university where he wrote the package.
I also wrote to his apparent supervisor, also without result. My
suggestion would be that the package be orphaned, and that if you are
willing to replace it with your version, and to adopt it as maintainer,
its posting on CRAN can be continued.

Roger