[Rd] Possible bug in R 2.6.1 (PR#10565)

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jan 14 16:45:13 CET 2008

[Brian Ripley]

>I do often wonder why people are 'sure you know for certain' (to quote the
>FAQ) that something as elementary as this would be a bug for so many
>years.  It indicates a lack of respect for the R developers.

Not at all.  A bug report may be naive, or even wrong, and still be
driven by good will, and be rightly interpreted as an attempt at
a contribution to both the R community and R developers.

The lack of respect only exists in the head of susceptible developers.
Some of them are nevertheless admirable for their expertise, commitment
and contributions.  The truth is that, deep down, _nobody_ is perfect.
Tolerance and kindness usually are more fruitful attitudes, not only on
the R lists, but everywhere.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca