[Rd] knnFinder package

Andrew Finley finleya at msu.edu
Fri Jan 18 16:19:39 CET 2008

Hello all,
The ann() function in the yaImpute package provides a more full featured
interface to the same underlying approximate nearest neighbor library
(http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mount/ANN) that is called by the nn() function
in knnFinder. knnFinder is actually calling an older (defunct) version
of the ANN library which was known to cause some segmentation faults.

I would be willing to adopt knnFinder, but it is now redundant with the
functions offered in yaImpute. But first a question -- Should we
maintain existing packages that have been superseded by other packages?
If so, then I'll adopt knnFinder, but if not then I suggest letting it go.

Kind regards-
Andy

On 14 Jan 2008, Roger Bivand wrote:
 > On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Gregoire Pau wrote:
 >
 > > Dear all,
 > >
 > > I have found some serious bugs in the knnFinder package (which supports
 > > data structures and algorithms for both exact and approximate nearest
 > > neighbor searching in arbitrarily high dimensions) that may trigger
 > > segmentation faults.
 > > I have fixed them but I had troubles to contact its maintainer
Samuel E.