[Rd] R CMD check and postscript fonts

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Fri Jan 25 20:54:11 CET 2008

Johannes Graumann wrote:

> Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

>>> FALSE)

>>> Hmmm, my actual function contains this bit ... any idea on how to solve
>>> this as generic as possible? I do not want to make this require or
>>> prevent postscript as the dev, but make the test (postscript) pass and
>>> enable future use of postscript ... where to put the 'fonts'
>>> unobtrusively, so that other devs will still work?
>>
>> It is device-specific.
> For now I'm going with
>
> if(names(dev.list())[length(dev.list())]=="postscript"){
>   text(1:xreq, 2, vectorsequence, cex = seqcex, fonts="mono",font=2)
> } else {
>   text(1:xreq, 2, vectorsequence, cex = seqcex, family="mono",font=2)
> }
This just gives me issues if someone wants to plot to a on-screen device
(like windows or x11) and uses the gui to export to postscript: the plot
was produced with the 'family' option, but the postscript device it is now
piped to will not take it. Is there any way I could code around this
generally?

Thanks, Joh