[Rd] R 2.6.2 scheduled for February 8

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Jan 30 12:00:07 CET 2008

This is to announce that we plan to release R version 2.6.2 on  Friday,
February 8, 2008.

A couple of annoying bugs were discovered after 2.6.1, and given the
weakness of prerelease testing, we find it better to increase the number
of patch releases.

The source tarballs will be made available starting Friday (barring
build troubles) by a cron job running at 4AM CET, and the tarballs can
be picked up at http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease/ a little
later.  (Actually, the first one has already been made and can be
fetched from CRAN tomorrow or directly from
http://www.pubhealth.ku.dk/~pd/R-pre )

    For the Core Team
    Peter Dalgaard