[Rd] R-intro.info.gz ellipsis node bug [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] (PR#10658)

L.Hanson at bom.gov.au L.Hanson at bom.gov.au
Wed Jan 30 02:10:11 CET 2008

Dear r-bugs,

I think I may have uncovered a bug in the file "R-intro.info.gz"

When running the "info R-intro" command on our Ubuntu 7.10 server,
    on which R 2.6.1 is installed, everything works fine until
    I try to access the node named "The ellipsis argument (...)",
    and then I observe the following error:

    Cannot find node (/usr/share/info/R-intro.info.gz) \
    The ellipsis argument (..'.

I have done some quick investigation, and it seems that the
    parentheses around the ellipsis (...) may be the problem,
    I edited my copy of "/usr/share/info/R-intro.info.gz"
    replacing the (...) with "..." so the character count
    in the file would remain the same, and would not require
    re-indexing, and found that the result operated as expected,
    and I can now read the Node: The ellipsis argument "..."

I hope this may be of some help.

Best regards,

Lawson Hanson
------
Climate Change Group
Centre for Australian Weather and Climate Research
700 Collins Street, Melbourne Docklands, VIC 3008, Australia