[Rd] Documentation of the dev.copy2eps function. (PR#10656)

Clément Raievsky clement.raievsky at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:23:43 CET 2008

Thanks for replying.

On Jan 30, 2008 2:28 PM, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, clement.raievsky at gmail.com wrote:
>

> > The documentation of the dev.copy2eps() function should mention the "file"
> > option which set the output file name
>
> Current R says
>
>       ...: Arguments to the 'device' function above. For 'dev.print',
>            this includes 'which' and by default any 'postscript'
>            arguments.

In my humble opinion, in the sentence "Arguments to the 'device'
function above", it is not clear to what "the 'device' function above"
refers because 'device' is an argument in the text above this
sentence.
Therefore, I think it's difficult to understand which are the possible
arguments for the copy2eps function.

>       For 'dev.copy2eps', 'width' and 'height' are taken from the
>       current device unless otherwise specified.  If just one of 'width'
>       and 'height' is specified, the other is adjusted to preserve the
>       aspect ratio of the device being copied.  The default file name is
>       'Rplot.eps'.
>
> I'm not sure why 'file' is more important than any other argument
> mentioned in ..., but we do say what the default is (because it is
> different).  Can you tell us what more we 'should' say in your opinion,
> and why?

I mentioned the 'file' argument because it was the one which I was
looking for while reading the doc.
Maybe all arguments valid for the postscript device are allowed for
the copy2eps function but it is still not clear to me.

Best regards,

Clément.