[Rd] Problem with R.2.6.1 and JRI - All worked file wih R2.5.1

Vladmir Makarov vmakarov at pace.edu
Thu Jan 31 17:37:27 CET 2008

Hello Members,
I have posted this message at R-HELP listserv, so my apology for
double posting, but members of R_HELP seem not to know/care about the
problem.

I wonder if someone also having a problem with JRI using new R 2.6.1.
To illustrate the problem, there is a simple Java driver problem
below. The program runs just fine on the other computer with R 2.5.1,
but does not run with R 2.6.1. It gives me no error messages either.
Needles to say, I have jri.dll at the classpath. Also, I have
downloaded the rJava package from R program (packages >> install
packages >> rJava), so version must be correct.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated,
Thanks,
Vlad

import org.rosuda.JRI.Rengine;

public class Driver {

	public static void main(String[] args){
		try {
			String[] arg = {};
			Rengine re = new Rengine(arg, false, null);
			if (!Rengine.versionCheck()) {
				Rengine.getVersion();
			    System.err.println("** Version mismatch");
			    System.exit(1);
			}
			if (!re.waitForR()) {
			    System.out.println("** Cannot load R");