[Rd] dll problem

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Jul 14 23:19:48 CEST 2008

stenka1 at go.com wrote:

> Please, note the instructions given for an existing Cygwin install:
>

> If you already have a full Cygwin installation, then you should not
> install our Cygwin DLLs in the Rtools/bin directory.  You should make
> sure your existing cygwin/bin directory is on the path (*after* all
> the other entries listed above) and use the DLLs from there.
>

> I interpret those as: Cygwin without Mingw is fine.

I don't think that's a reasonable interpretation.  What I intended to
convey is that if you're using Cygwin, then you shouldn't put our Cygwin
DLLs ahead of yours on the path (because yours might be newer), but you
need to put all of our other entries ahead of Cygwin on the path.  I
can't think of a rewrite that would make that clearer:  I even
emphasized the "*after*".

> Using gfortran from mingw produced loadable dlls, so this is just a
> suggestion to be more explicit in Rtools.txt.

If you can suggest a rewording that you think is more explicit then I'll
take a look, but I really can't think of one.

Duncan Murdoch