[Rd] experinental revision of the 'snow' package

Markus Schmidberger schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Jul 18 14:23:46 CEST 2008

Hello Luke,

at our windows cluster everything is working very well. We have 8 nodes,
WindowsServer2003 and mpich2 (1.0.7).
Attached a small testcode and sessionInfo()

I did some bigger tests using my "afyPara" package. There were no problems.
There was an other discussion at the Rd list. Giuseppe confirmed, that
DeinoMPI & Rmpi & the new version of snow is working very well.

See you in Seattle at the BioC2008 or Developer Day? I will fly to
Seattle tomorrow.

Best regards
Markus

 > library(Rmpi)
 > library(snow)
 > c1<-makeCluster(3)
        3 slaves are spawned successfully. 0 failed.
 > clusterEvalQ(c1, Sys.info()["nodename"])
[[1]]
nodename
   "CL1"

[[2]]
nodename
   "CL2"

[[3]]
nodename
   "CL3"

 > stopCluster(c1)
[1] 1

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=German_Germany.1252;LC_CTYPE=German_Germany.1252;LC_MONETARY=German_Germany.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=German_Germany.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] snow_0.3-3 Rmpi_0.5-5

--
Dipl.-Tech. Math. Markus Schmidberger

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
IBE - Institut für medizinische Informationsverarbeitung,
Biometrie und Epidemiologie
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 Muenchen
Mail: Markus.Schmidberger [at] ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Tel: +49 (089) 7095 - 4599