[Rd] Is text(..., adj) upside down? (Or am I?)

S Ellison S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 17:12:43 CEST 2008

Yup; you're all right - it IS consistent (and I'd even checked the x-adj
and it did what I expected!!). It's just that ?text is talking about the
position of the 'anchor' point in the text region rather than the
subsequent location of the centre of the text.

Anyway; if anyone is considering a minor tweak to ?text, would it be
clearer if it said
"Values of 0, 0.5, and 1 specify text towards right/top, middle and
left/bottom of x,y,
     respectively." ?

(or, of course, "Values of 0, 0.5, and 1 specify x,y at left/bottom,
middle and right/top of text, respectively.")

Steve Ellison
Lab of the Government Chemist
UK