[Rd] R, Macports and C++ streams

Kjell Konis kjell.konis at epfl.ch
Wed Jul 30 16:18:11 CEST 2008

I found this in Writing R Extensions:

"Using C++ iostreams, as in this example, is best avoided. There is no
guarantee that the output will appear in the R console, and indeed it
will not on the R for Windows console. Use R code or the C entry
points (see Printing) for all I/O if at all possible."

That is, use Rprintf() instead. The fact that your code works with one
version of gcc and not another can probably be chalked up to
coincidence.

Kjell