[Rd] Request: Documentation of formulae

Mike Prager mike.prager at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 3 16:41:38 CEST 2008

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Hi Mike, you make very worthy suggestions; but I assume the word
> "request" is really putting off almost all of us "R corers".
> You *have* heard that R is a volunteer project, that much of its
> development has happened in unpaid time of core team mates.
> Why are you not using "Suggestion" instead?

Dear Martin,

Thank you for alerting me that my comments could so easily be
taken differently from my intent.  The comments were indeed put
forth as suggestions.

Thanks also for the characterization as a competent R user.  I
may be that, or nearly so, but time and other resources don't
allow me to contribute changes now. Perhaps in future I will be
in a better position to do so.

With appreciation for R and R-Core,

Mike

--