[Rd] Posting Guide

Sean O'Riordain seanpor at acm.org
Sat Jun 7 09:10:01 CEST 2008

Gabor,
I agree.  Furthermore I think it might be useful to add that in my
experience (and I'm sure others as well) that the process of creating
a simple reproduceable example for an email to r-help will in most
cases clarify what I'm trying to do and actually solve my own problem
for me - once or twice I've been tempted to email my problem and my
own solution for the archive.

As a side note I tend to put a fair bit of work (i.e. measured in days
of calendar time and hours of work) for fear of being abused on the
list for not doing enough prep work.  Fear is probably not the idea
motivator though...

Regards,
Sean