[Rd] Makevars or congiure for multi platforms

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 9 07:25:49 CEST 2008

Private headers are just that, private.  They are not intended to be
available to packages, and not installed by the standard R makefiles on
either Unix-alikes or Windows.

I don't see it documented that they are available on MacOS X, and will
leave it to that platform's maintainers as to why they have been installed
on that platform.

You need to rewrite your code to use only documented headers and entry
points if you intend to distribute it.