[Rd] Rmpi segfault after install on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Mark Kimpel mwkimpel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 00:38:56 CEST 2008

Dirk,

Configure concluded without errors. I am not running this on the HPC
cluster with icc, rather a separate local box used for testing and
learning. Its just an 64-bit Ubuntu 8.04 install on a 4-core machine.
LAM is not installed (I checked to make sure).

So, that leaves me with you last two options. Before I make my first
foray into using the R-debugger, I'd like to try you suggestion to
"Check ldd on Rmpi.so" but don't have a clue how to do so. Could you
instruct me?

Thanks to all for the helpful comments.
Mark