[Rd] significant digits (PR#9682)

Scott.Wilkinson at csiro.au Scott.Wilkinson at csiro.au
Fri Jun 13 06:10:17 CEST 2008

Thanks Patrick, your function is a neat work-around to include trailing
zeroes when specifying significant digits.
It worked better with this modification to the "format" arguments: =20
  else if (sigdigs<=3Dleft+right)
{out<-format(signum,nsmall=3Dsigdigs-left)}

Agree would be nice to include this in signif()
Regards, Scott.

{out<-as.character(signif(signum,digits=3Dsigdigs))}
>   else if (sigdigs=3D=3Dleft & trunc(signum) %% 10 =3D=3D 0)
> {out<-paste(round(signum),".",sep=3D"")}
>   else if (sigdigs<=3Dleft+right) =
{out<-format(signum,digits=3Dsigdigs)}