[Rd] plot(type="l") disjoint between 100 and 101st datapoint

Richard Martin radiosity at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:38:23 CEST 2008

Dear All:

We have been experiencing networking issues so I don't know if this
got through; I can't see it in the archive.  My sincere apologies if
this appears twice.

I may have found an unusual bug and am posting here to see if anyone
can reproduce it on their system. First of all, sessionInfo():

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23)
i386-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:
en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/C/C/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8

attached base packages:

The bug is in the plot() command; it does not draw the line between
the 100th and 101st point in a dataset when plotting in line mode
(type="l").

plot(1:102, type="l") reproduces the problem consistently on my
machine, on both png and quartz devices. The result of saving this to
the png device by the code below can be seen at
http://imagebin.ca/view/txKBk2M.html

> png(filename="disjoint.png")
> plot(1:102, type="l")
> dev.off()
quartz
    2

I had a look through the archives but couldn't see any discussion of
this; apologies if I missed it. Is this purely a mac issue?
Unfortunately I don't have any other machines to test it on.

Kind regards,

Richard Martin

--
Contendere, Explorare, Invenire, et non Cedere

--
Contendere, Explorare, Invenire, et non Cedere