[Rd] Installing latest version under Windows (PR#10908)

Royomopito at nchecr.unsw.edu.au Royomopito at nchecr.unsw.edu.au
Fri Mar 7 03:35:13 CET 2008

Dear Debuggers,

=20

I'm trying to install R for the first time, however, the exe file
referred to does not exist: Installation is via the installer
R-2.6.2-win32.exe

=20

I've downloaded R several times and the file does not exist.

=20

I've tried renaming Rgui.exe.manifest and Rterm.exe.manifest to have
only the .exe extension and but this doesn't work.=20

=20

What are your suggestions?

=20

Regards

=20

Rebecca

3 Installing R under Windows

The bin/windows directory of a CRAN site contains binaries for a base
distribution and a large number of add-on packages from CRAN to run on
Windows 95, 98, NT4, 2000, ME, XP, 2003 Server and Vista (at least) on
Intel x86 and clones (including AMD64/EM64T chips and Windows x64).=20

Your file system must allow long file names (as is likely except perhaps
for some network-mounted systems).=20

Installation is via the installer R-2.6.2-win32.exe. Just double-click
on the icon and follow the instructions. You can uninstall R from the
Control Panel. (Note that you will probably (depending on the Windows
language settings) be asked to choose a language for installation, and
that choice applies to both installation and un-installation but not to
running R itself.)=20

See the R Windows FAQ
<http://CRAN.R-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html>  for more
details.=20

=20

Rebecca Oyomopito [royomopito at nchecr.unsw.edu.au]
TASER Surveillance and Monitoring Study Coordinator=20
Biostatistics and Databases Program
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research (NCHECR)
The University of New South Wales
376 Victoria Street Sydney NSW  2010 AUSTRALIA
Phone: + 61 (0) 2 9385 0900
Fax:     + 61 (0) 2 9385 0920
http://web.med.unsw.edu.au/nchecr/

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]