[Rd] [R] R-Logo

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 16:56:26 CET 2008

[Think this is more R-devel than R-help now]

Gabor Csardi wrote:
> Jean,
>
> this is nice, but 1) the logo is a bitmap, it is ugly if you
> resize it, 2) you don't need a pdf version for pdflatex, it
> handles jpg (and maybe also png as well), so you can
> just use the logos at the R developer site.
>
> It would be really nice to have a non-bitmap version, though.
> If it exists.

  I was pondering this the other day, and decided to have a play at
making a new R logo. Drawing inspiration from the original, and playing
with the numbers 0, 1 and 2, I produced this:

http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings/Graphics/Logo/R/logos.svg

[PNG version:
http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings/Graphics/Logo/R/logos.png ]

  - I think I've refined it a bit since then, but that has the basic
idea and some examples of how it looks on different backgrounds. With a
purely optional '3.0' power flash.

  As an SVG file it's purely vector and scalable.

  If the powers that be like it then I'll find my other versions (prob
on my PC at home) and make them available.

Barry