[Rd] bug with R CMP SHLIB (PR#10945)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Mar 13 14:42:32 CET 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 1:00 PM, anais.khuong at gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm working with R, I try to call C from R.
> When I try to compile my file.c to make file.so, with the command :
>     R CMD SHLIB  foo.c
> return the message :
> gcc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
> -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -std=gnu99 -dynamiclib
> -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-macosx_version_min -Wl,10.4 -
> undefined
> dynamic_lookup -single_module -multiply_defined suppress -L/usr/
> local/lib -o
> foo.so foo.o   -F/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/.. -framework R
> /usr/bin/libtool: for architecture cputype (16777223) cpusubtype (3)
> object:
> /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.10.4.dylib malformed object (unknown load
> command 4)
> make: *** [foo.so] Error 1
>

> Can you help me ? I work on Mac os X. Thanks

As Martin kindly pointed out this is not a bug, and thus should not be
filed as such. Reading the R for Mac FAQ would help you in the first
place and you're asked to do so before posting (see the posting guide).

Most likely your developer tools are way too old. As per FAQ you must
use Xcode 2.4 or higher. Just in case that doesn't help, re-instal the
full version of R.

Cheers,
Simon