[Rd] Roxygen

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 19:21:41 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Peter Danenberg <pcd at wikitex.org> wrote:
> Is this the appropriate place for GSoC conversations?
>
>  If I understand the proposal correctly, there should be a lexer
>  (written in R) that exposes an API; that API would be used by
>  segregated mini-parsers (Roclets) which do the dirty work of Roxygen
>  -> {html, LaTeX, DocBook, ...} translation.
>
>  The lexer should ship with a proof-of-concept Roclet. Have I missed
>  anything?

You should probably also survey existing attempts - I have written
something with ruby that suggest some ideas.  I also have a number of
packages documented with that format which could be used for testing -
I'd be happy to reformat my existing documentation if it meant I would
no longer have to maintain my quick and dirty (and buggy!) parser.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/