[Rd] R 64 on Intel Mac check problem

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Thu Mar 27 01:05:40 CET 2008

On 26/03/2008, at 10:00 PM, Georgios wrote:
> I have installed gcc 4.2 and gfortran 4.2 from the available sources
> on the
> web page and am using the copy and paste guide on the page.
>
> Now everything seems to be going fine until the point where the R
> packages
> are tested. In particular when the regression tests are run I get the
> following.
>
> running regression tests
> running code in 'reg-tests-1.R' ...\c
> OK
> running code in 'reg-tests-2.R' ...\c
> OK
> comparing 'reg-tests-2.Rout' to './reg-tests-2.Rout.save' ...\c
> 3756c3756
> <   The decimal point is 1 digit(s) to the right of the |
> ---
>>  The decimal point is at the |
> 3762c3762

It may or may not be relevant, but there is a catastrophic bug in
log10() in 10.5.2 for x86_64: it returns 0 for all arguments.  This
has been discussed on the Scitech list.  Apple think they have fixed
it, but I am sure they would want to hear of other cases or possible
compiler issues, if it is their compiler you are using.

So if you can get a minimal test case it would be very good to submit
a bug.  It may be worth doing even if you cannot get a minimal case
because all the sources are readily available.

Finally last time I looked a few days back Simon's 64 bit Intel builds
were failing.

Bill Northcott