[Rd] (PR#11054) "Writing R Extensions": bad example with CAR

anders at ebi.ac.uk anders at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Mar 31 22:55:08 CEST 2008

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> I didn't say 'USE_RINTERNALS is not needed' for your code: I said it was
> not used for the code that was run.

I see. My original point was that the text of the "Writing R extension"
manual advises against using 'USE_RINTERNALS' but then gives an example
that only works when this macro is defined, without even pointing out
this requirement. I merely wanted to suggest adding a little note to the
manual at this point to make the matter easier for the reader.

Best regards
   Simon Anders