[Rd] X11cairo with antialias="none" buggy under MacOS?

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Thu May 1 16:46:22 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 02:23:13PM +0100, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
>
> >X11(antialias="none")
> >
> >I obviously am going to plot to the screen device. where
> >a line width below one pixel does'nt make sense to me.
> >
> >what am I missing?
> >

>  The new "cairo" X11 device with antialiasing off can indeed look awful
> , but if you really don't want antialiasing then try using the good old
> non-cairo X11 device with the 'type' argument:
>
>  > x11(type="Xlib")
>  > plot(1:10)

thanks. I found this out while struggling with my original problem
(cf. other mails in this
thread) and probably will use "Xlib" anyway since cairo seems simply to slow
for interactve use (don't won't to wait repeatedly for some seconds ...).

I actually would argue that at the current state of affairs it would have been
better to have "Xlib" kept as default.

joerg