[Rd] help with segmentation fault

Kyeongmi Cheon katie.cheon at gmail.com
Sun May 4 22:59:14 CEST 2008

Hello all,
I'm trying to have C called by R. I wrote C codes that worked
perfectly fine with R-2.6.0 in

windows system ( using R tools).

I had to change to SuSE Linux (this system has 3.2 GHz  Intel

Xeon processors and 4 GB of RAM), the C codes were compiled okay but
when it was called to R-2.6.2, I got

error mesage :

***caught segfault***
address 0x1df5000, cause 'memory not mapped'
segmentation fault

According to C references, this kind of error occurs when you get
something wrong with

dereferencing pointers or go out of edge of arrays. But the very same
codes were fine in windows

and I did not find any related errors in my codes. How could this
happen and how can I fix it? Does this have to do with different
systems (linux vs windows) or C/R program?

Thank you in advance.
--
Kyeongmi
Univ. Memphis