[Rd] troubles with R CMD check and examples under Ubuntu gutsy

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 5 07:34:05 CEST 2008

It seems likely that the contents of 'pgirmess' under Linux are
incomplete.

There's a recent version of pgirmess on CRAN, and that works under Linux.
I suggest you try that (start with the tarball, perhaps).

On Mon, 5 May 2008, Patrick Giraudoux wrote:

> Dear listers,
>
> I was used to package pgirmess under Windows with everything OK, but, for the
> first time, I had a trial this afternoon on Ubuntu 7.10 gutsy (I have a
> double boot computer and work more and more under unix) and R 2.7.0.
> Everything went OK except this:
>
> sudo R CMD check pgirmess

Do you really want to be doing this under root?  I see no reason to do so
-- just make sure you have a writeable current directory for your account.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk