[Rd] Reset an embedded R.dll

Bernd Schoeller bernd.schoeller at comerge.net
Thu May 15 09:36:26 CEST 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 06:04:51 -0000, Prof Brian Ripley
<ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>> Last question: Will I need to UNPROTECT_PTR all references held, or
>> will the call to Rf_endEmbeddedR also free protected references?
>
> What is a 'reference' here?

Right, my question was imprecise. I meant 'SEXP' (which is a
reference/pointer to a SEXPREC, as far as I understand it).

> Rf_endEmbeddedR  does what ending an R session does, no more, no less.

Ok - my question put differently: Will ending an R session run a full
garbage collection, ignoring the 'protected' status of previously
protected SEXP?

Bernd

--
Comerge AG, Technoparkstrasse 1, CH-8005 Zurich, Switzerland